Tuesday, August 09, 2005

National Public Radio recently announced a collection of NPR logos that fans / artists had created in honor of the network. Fearing that I may already be too late, I hastily created my own graphic and sent it to NPR's ombudsman along with the introductory email below.

Did I hear correctly that NPR has a recent collection of logos submitted by artists/fans? I know I'm a bit late, but I'd love for you to look at my efforts. I thought this up a few weeks back not even knowing a contest was in the works. I think it truly reflects the nature and spirit of NPR.

(Link to image above)

In case you're wondering, the reason for my dissatisfaction with NPR is that you will not touch in any meaningful way on the controversial subject of infant male genital cutting (circumcision) in the U.S. I can only assume this is due to the overwhelming percentage of Jewish hosts, guests, and underwriters in NPR programming. If I am wrong, please enlighten me with some evidence to the contrary.

In the mean time, I will leave you to reflect on which is worse: Your moral failing in avoiding an important health issue affecting children or your professional failing in allowing Jewish religious beliefs to impact NPR's news coverage.

Yours,
(Name withheld)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home